OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Error with UIPEthernet while compiling for ESP8266

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lars
    Participant

Im trying to compile the unified firmware for ESP8266 so I could add some new features.

However currently I receive some errors with the UIPEthernet library. This library is not mentioned in the Howto but it is used by make.lin30. I tried different versions of this library but none seems to work.

Here is what I did to compile the firmware (similar to infos in How to Compile OpenSprinkler Firmware)

• Clone OpenSprinkler Firmware (Master)
    • Clone esp8266 core (version 2.4.2), version 2.5.x throws a lot of errors so I guess its not yet compatible
    • install build tools with get.py script
    • modify Updater.h
    • install SSD1306 and RCSwitch
    • install UIPEthernet
    • patch esp8266/platform.txt (line 95) so it also creates linker script files (add {recipe.hooks.linking.prelink.1.pattern};)
    • run make -f make.lin30

With version 2.0.7 I get the error:
    UIPEthernet.cpp:102: undefined reference toDhcpClass::beginWithDHCP(unsigned char*)’`

With older versions I get:
    ../esp8266/libraries//UIPEthernet/UIPEthernet.h:97:15: error: 'static void UIPEthernetClass::init(const uint8_t*)' is private

Probably I’m missing something obvious? What library should be used?

Ray
    Keymaster

I am using UIPEthernet version 2.0.7 and I did not get the error regarding beginWithDHCP. I am not sure why it’s reporting on line 102, if you look at UIPEthernet.cpp, the reference to beginWithDHCP appears on line 82. Maybe you should re-download the library and try again? Also, make sure in the make file you give the correct path to UIPEthernet: sometimes you may have multiple instances of the same library so make sure it’s pointing to the correct one.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Error with UIPEthernet while compiling for ESP8266