OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Event Notification (Start, Stop, Delayed)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WayneZ
    Participant

Hi,

Wondering how to go about implementing notifications from OSPi when programs start or stop or a delayed due to rain. Ideally using something like Boxcar or Pushover notification. Is it something that can be implemented through ospi_addons or would it require changes in the code?

I’m keen to have a look at creating it myself but would probably need some pointers in the right direction.

I have had a look through the forums but couldn’t see anything similar, if there is, would you mind pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Wayne

Dan in CA
    Participant

Hi Wayne,

An interesting idea!

There are some changes to ospi.py taking place “under the hood” and a couple of them will probably help you accomplish what you want.

Jonathan Marsh has been reworking the native UI of the program and one of his innovations is a “status API” that allows easy access to what the program is doing. If you have a recent rev of the program, you can log in to the OSPi directory and issue “git checkout Web_Py_UI” to switch to his work-in-progress branch. Once you have the program running with the new UI, add /api/status to the URL of your system, you should see the output of the API.

Another change that is coming soon is the addition of nginx (engin x) server to the setup. It can support sending email messages.

Perhaps a combination of the two would give you the tools you need to make something work. Contributions to the project are always welcome and I will do what I can to help.

Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Event Notification (Start, Stop, Delayed)