OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Extended DC Power Cable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dantastic
    Participant

Hi there,

I bought the OpenSprinkler DC powered controller (this onethis one). I need a 20 foot extender to get it to my outlet. I bought this onethis one on Amazon, which I got from another thread that the dimensions of the plug are correct. The connection fits fine from the OpenSprinkler DC power adapter to the new cable, but I can’t get the other end of the cable to plug into the controller, it just doesn’t fit. Can anyone tell me why it doesn’t work or, preferably, send me a link of a known DC power extension cable this will work with?

Thank you!

Ray
    Keymaster

The receptor on OpenSprinkler DC has a 2.5mm diameter center pin. The cable you bought shows its internal diameter is 2.1mm which explains why it won’t plug in. Could you find another one that has 2.5mm internal diameter?

Admittedly 2.1mm is more common. On this batch of the OpenSprinkler DC, the factory mistakenly used 2.5mm. The power adapter included in the controller kit fits both 2.1mm and 2.5mm so it’s ok. However, if you are trying to find your own cable or adapter, 2.5mm happens to be the less common one.

In the worst case, you could cut off the male plug connector from the power adapter as well as your cable, and basically ‘switch’ them, so that the plug connector from the adapter goes to the end of the extension cable, and vice versa.

dantastic
    Participant

Ah, that explains it. I buy a 2.5mm x 5.5mm cable (herehere). I think that would work.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Extended DC Power Cable