OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature request: Canceling a zone immediately starts next queued zone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Russell
    Participant

If a number of zones are queued, and you cancel a zone, the start time of subsequent zones are not updated. The result is the system sits idle until the original start time of the next zone is reached, doing nothing when it could be watering and getting the job done sooner.

This happens regardless if you cancel a currently-running zone or upcoming zone in the queue, or whether it’s a preset program or a bunch of zones scheduled on an ad-hoc basis.

It would be great if canceling a zone would immediately proceed to the next zone, i.e., the system recalculates the start time of all remaining zones to eliminate gaps. Kind of like the opposite of the “pause” feature we are looking forward to 🙂

-Russell

Bowman Mod
    Participant

I’ve noticed that too!

+1 for that feature

Ray
    Keymaster

This can be done, and I’ve put this as an item on the todo list. The main issue is that with a mix of sequential and parallel stations moving stations forward in time may introduce some complications. But I think this can be sorted out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature request: Canceling a zone immediately starts next queued zone