OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Feature request: Define minimum watering time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bekesizl
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using Opensrinkler since last September and I am satisfied with most of its services.
    I set up an own weather service with a simple personal weather station recently, because rain values from Darksky were totally incorrect for my place (Hungary).
    Now this is working correctly, but after some heavy rainy days followed by some colder ones weather service calculates 3-10%.
    It is OK, since, the earth is still wet, but this results on my side to watering times from 12-45 seconds.
    I have a pump to supply my system which gets water from a reservoir.
    The delays in this system result, that at watering times up to ca. 30 seconds my sprinkler heads (Hunter MP rotator) can barely come out of the ground and start spraying.

My request would be to allow defining a minimum watering time for each zone or generally (e.g. 45 seconds) and if the calulated watering time is lower then this value, then simply not run the program.

Or another way could be to limit watering, until the watering level is at a miniumum of e.g. 20%.

Best regards,
    Zoltán

Ray
    Keymaster

The firmware already has a logic:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/blob/master/main.cpp#L727
    where if the watering percentage is below 20% AND if the resulting water time is less than 10 seconds then it skips that zone. Perhaps you want these parameters to be set differently?

bekesizl
    Participant

Yes, that is exactly the feature I was thinking of.
    I use hardware based OS, not an OSPi, so putting this as a setting somewhere would be very good.
    I am not experienced in Arduino programming.

I don’t know how many people have this issue? I had it for 2 days ín the 1 year usage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Feature request: Define minimum watering time