OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request: Minimum run time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KanyonKris
    Participant

Love the weather adjust feature but sometimes the adjust is 5% and I get station run times of 10 to 20 seconds, which for me is not worth running.
    I’d like an option to set a minimum station run time so if the computed run time is less than XX seconds it skips that station.

The firmware is fantastic. Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

The firmware actually already rejects water time that’s too short:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/blob/master/main.cpp#L734
    specifically it won’t water if the watering percentage is less than 20% AND the water time ends up being less than 10 seconds. The logic of the first condition is that if the watering percentage is high, that indicates the user intentionally wants to water a short duration.

Of course this can be easily made into editable options: like if you want the threshold to be 20 seconds instead of 10 that can be easily changed. We can add this as an option. In the mean time, if you are interested in giving it a try, you can modify that line of code and recompile the firmware yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request: Minimum run time