OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request; Pause while sensor active, resume where left off

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Turtle_Overload
    Participant

My well pump is maxed out with the sprinklers running, and if my radon system kicks in they both run at 50%.
    It would be great if it could pause while the water tank fills and resume when it is done.

I can get a sensor that is compatible with the sn1 input, but if I understand correctly the program can not pause with a sensor only rain delay which cancels programs.

Turtle_Overload
    Participant

I think I found a solution to my problem, but I haven’t gotten a chance to actually run programs due to all the rain. I modified the main.cpp portion called “process dynamic events” to run the function toggle_pause when the sensor is active instead of set rain delay. There is probably a more efficient way to accomplish this, but it works for now.

The sensor is a modified “power saving” current sensing power strip.

if(os.iopts[IOPT_SENSOR1_TYPE] == SENSOR_TYPE_RAIN || os.iopts[IOPT_SENSOR1_TYPE] == SENSOR_TYPE_SOIL){
    if(os.status.sensor1_active && os.status.pause_state == 0){
    sn1 = true;
    pd.toggle_pause(300);
    }
    if(!os.status.sensor1_active && os.status.pause_state == 1){
    pd.resume_stations();
    os.status.pause_state = 0;
    }

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request; Pause while sensor active, resume where left off