OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature request: Remote Stations (second OpenSprinkler)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

no
    Participant

Hello,

I see in a couple of posts where there is hinting of adding support for a remote option to control valves on a second open sprinkler controller in a different location. This is exactly the use scenario I am trying to accomplish and was coming here to submit the suggestion. I have one controller in a garage controlling 6 valves and a greenhouse with its own controller controlling a drip system. When submitting run once programs or updating rain delay, etc., it would be nice to have one UI to access all of the valves with one controller being designated as the “master” and the second controller being a slave.

Do you have any insight as to where this is in the roadmap and when it might be implemented?

Also, a second request would be a way to fire off a manual program from a dry contact closure, either sacrifice a station to this closure or perhaps the rain sensor port could be assigned by option to fire off a specific program instead of rain delay. it would be nice to have a “manual run” switch at the OS location for tenants who don’t have access to the scheduler or app, but want to trigger an extra water cycle.

Love this product by the way, installing my 4th unit shortly.

Ray
    Keymaster

1) We are considering adding support for remote stations (defined by an ‘ip:port/station_index’) in the next firmware 2.1.5.
    2) The current firmware 2.1.4 already supports running a program manually on the controller, using the third pushbutton (B3). Specifically, long press B3 for 3 seconds and follow the instructions on the LCD to start a program.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature request: Remote Stations (second OpenSprinkler)