OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request: Run program between dates.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

zeddy
    Participant

Hello
    Here in Australia we have a winter sprinkler ban that runs from 1st June to 31st August, during that time no sprinklers can be used. Is there a way to modify the program to only run outside these dates and have it stop during the ban period? Perhaps a start/end date and time with an optional tick box that allows that range every year?

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/watering-days/winter-sprinkler-ban

Ray
    Keymaster

Well I think this request is too specific and I don’t think we will plan to add it unless if this is a common request. The work-around is to disable the controller operation during the time period, and enable it again after August 31st.

Brian
    Participant

Just weighing in on this, but I could also see a value of having a program run between specific dates.

As William alluded to in the thread here, the city of Orange, CA has as part of it’s watering restrictions, limits on the number of days per week one can water that changes from one day per week in Nov-March to two days per week in Apr-Oct. This could easily be achieved with two sets of programs for each of the corresponding range of months. There are other cities in California that also have similar day per week changes during the year that could benefit.

Another use case that I personally would benefit from is related to having a different watering schedule that would be used for two weeks immediately after planting the vegetable garden (to allow the plants to take root and establish), and a regular schedule that would be used for the rest of the growing season. As with the previous example, this can be accomplished by manually enabling and disabling two different programs, but it would be great to have this automated by schedule.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request: Run program between dates.