OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Firmware version from PC/smartphone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

I am not able to remember if and how to see what version of Opensprinkler firmware I have on my Arduino bases hardware. I can see it on the unit but I keep it in a very hard to access place inside a sealed box so it would be convenient to see it remotely.

Also will it ever be possible to initiate a firmware update from the remote PC/phone interface ? Ie check current FW level, check if newer one exists, download to SD, load it, reboot with new.

Happy 2015 to Samer and all of you !

Robert

Samer
    Keymaster

Hello Robert,

The firmware version should be accessible from the left side panel under the About page. The latest app also displays the hardware version (latest firmware required).

We have an upcoming feature that will detect the current firmware and latest firmware and notify the user with a change log within the app if there is a newer version. This is already complete and will be included in the next app released.

An SD card based firmware update is not possible on the current hardware however remote upgrade options are being considered.

Thank you and Happy New Years to you as well!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Firmware version from PC/smartphone