OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests First program does not work?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bart
    Participant

Hi,

I have two programs set up see image > my sprinkler program

Every morning the first program (10am) says it comes on, but the sprinklers do not come on. The second program and station come on at 10:01am fine. And then all the following times both programs and stations come on without a problem.

Wondering what could be the problem? For now, I have made the more important program/station come on at 10:01am so if the first one in the morning doesn’t work its not the end of the world/seeds in the igloo.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Bart
    Participant

Edit: fixed image link: my program

Ray
    Keymaster

Here is my suggestion to start the diagnosis: at 10am, look at the homepage in either the mobile app or web UI, or look at the LCD, does it show that the scheduled zone is running? If so, that means the software has turned it on successfully, so the issue is in hardware, it could be a problem with the controller or your sprinkler valve. If at 10am, you don’t see the zone running on the homepage, or LCD, that means it’s a firmware issue — the software didn’t even attempt to turn it on. This will help decide what’s the next step.

Bart
    Participant

Thanks Ray, I will check it out.

Yesterday I saw it come on the mobile app but I didn’t check the controller. I will check on the controller this morning and report what happens.

I have switched the stations around so the station that was scheduled first that wasn’t coming on is now scheduled as second. As shown in my picture.

Not sure how it could be an issue with the sprinkler valve if I can run manual ones at any time and it works.

Will report back.

Bart
    Participant

Hi Ray, so I looked at the controller this morning and Igloo 2 at 10am came on, it worked. Igloo 1 appeared to be working on the controller at 10:01am but it the valve didn’t open.

I ran it manually though and it worked, has it got something to do with that station? Doesn’t work for the first time most mornings it seems.

Bart
    Participant

Is this a faulty controller? It is super random… manual runs work every time though.

I bought another controller for another part of our business which I haven’t installed yet. Maybe I will try that one and see if it works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests First program does not work?