OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Flashing completely naked hardware v2.2 smt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tobse
    Participant

Hello everybody, hello Ray

first of all thanks for opensprinkler, the community and the open source aspect of it..

i’m having trouble getting my opensprinkler in a working state and i hope that i can get some help here.

my situation: a few years ago i build an opensprinkler v2.2 smt version on my own. etched the pcb, bought the componements etc etc,
    then i got very sick for a long time, was i hospital like forever and had no chance of following the projekt and opensprinkler.
    fast forward tot today: im back at home, im back doing my hobbies and i would love to finish my sprinkler.
    i got my board from back then, assembled and testes but i forgot how to flash it… time has passed and i cant find my notes..

the board is completely naked, all the chips are stock, there is nothing proprogrammed. i got hardware version 2.2 smt with the atmega 64 and the ch340G controller. i got several old isp programmers layying around, also some arduino boards. but i was never good at the software/firmware side of thinks and completely lost track…

can somebody help me out? is there any tutorial how to programm a completely empty board? at least to that point where i can use the usb and arduino ide to do the rest? wich firmware should i use? the old from back in the days? i am completely lost at the moment

any help would be appreciated, it would be so nice to finally finish this project
    sorry if my english is a little bit hard to read, i’m not a native speaker

enjoy your weekend, thanks for the help

tobse
    Participant

Ok, i managed to proceed a little bit further with lots of googling

I found the pinout of the opensprinkler isp port and connected my usbasp to it. The atmega664 was detected. With avr dude, i sent the command to use the external oscillator and then flashed the hex file of the current firmware.
    Avr dude reported a successful flash. U unfortunately i cant test i yet, there must be a Hardware issue, my Display doesnt power on.

But there is one more Problem: i dont know how to flash the bootloader and i would like to have it so that i can use the usb port for further firmware changes. The ch334g driver is installed under windows and the device is recognizdd, but without the bootloader there is no chance to use the upgrade tool.

I got the optiboot hex for the 664 but i dont known how to flash it..

Can spmebody please tell me the avrdude synthax for fladhig the bootloader?

zeddy
    Participant

Ray
    Keymaster

If you search ‘flash atmega644’ you will find some threads on this forum, particularly this one:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/bootloader-usbasp-hex-file/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Flashing completely naked hardware v2.2 smt