OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Flow Meter erratic results?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

opensprinkler12
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    I am using fw 2.1.7 and recently added a 3-wire flow meter FS400A (similar to this http://www.ebay.com/itm/G1-Inch-Water-Flow-Hall-Effect-Sensor-Switch-Flow-Meter-Counter-1-60L-min-/311679841748). I am receiving what seems like valid data (i.e. no valves open=0, with valves open > 0) but having trouble calibrating the measurements from the flow meter. Needless to say – I could not find any information on the meter itself except this:
    “Frequency: F=4.8 * Q (L / Min) error: ± 2% voltage: 3.5-24VDC, current can not exceed 10mA, 450 output pulses/liters” which by itself makes no sense?

I have a digital water meter and it shows litters/minute so I am using it as reference.

I am seeing 13 l/m on the mains meter and 538 in the flcrt variable; but opening another valve I see 22 l/m on the mains meter and 499 ticks on the flcrt. Is it a configuration error on my part or is there something (hardware) malfunctioning somewhere? any suggestions on how I can check this?

Thanks!
    Jonathan

Ray
    Keymaster

The flcrt stores real-time flow rate. It’s calculated based on how many clicks it receives within a 30-seconds window. If you open the zone for less than 30 seconds, the value will not be reliable since it needs the flow to be stable within the full 30-seconds window to get a reliable reading. You should keep the zone open for at least 1 minute before checking the flcrt value.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Flow Meter erratic results?