OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Flow sensor and automated leak prevention

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ClintW
    Participant

Hi, I’m brand new to this forum and I’m trying to figure out what the Open Sprinkler can do. I definitely need a new irrigation controller and I want one that will continuously monitor an output from a flow sensor and automatically close a valve if a leak develops. Ideally the controller would know which valve to close, either a master valve or a valve for a specific zone, depending on where the leak is. I would like this leak prevention function to work immediately without any intervention required by myself or any user/operator. Can anyone tell me if this functionality exists in the existing programming/code or if this would have to be independently developed? Can anyone estimate how big a project it would be to develop this capability?

From what I’ve seen so far in the open sprinkler website it seems I could receive a notification of a probable leak condition and I would have to connect remotely to change the operation of the controller to stop the leak. Is this correct? Given my specific circumstances this could take a long time and result in a very large water bill.

Thank for any help with these questions!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Flow sensor and automated leak prevention