• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

aruzsi
    Participant

Hi,

I forgot the password. 🙁
    From the Android app. I was able to use my OS.
    I changed the password from the app.Now I can’t do anything.

What can I do now? Is the a FAQ?
    Please help me! 😉
    Sorry if it is was a too stupid question.

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

The current version doesn’t have a change password field. Not quite sure what you are referring too however inside the app is a manage site page. In their, you can change the password and save it.

That get you going again. Otherwise, try the clear configuration button and try again.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

aruzsi
    Participant

Yes, you’re right no password change.

The problem then: I got 401 Unauthorized on WEB page if I want to control or modify anything.
    On the app I got error message checking the password …

What is the solution?

I changed the default password. 🙁

TIA,

aruzsi
    Participant

I found the solution: RESET.

My version is 2.0.5 so there was no solution in the manual.
    There were =2.1 descriptions. I had to use 2.1 mode.

TIA,

aruzsi
    Participant

I thought I’ve done the password problem.

I changed the 1st stations’ name which was successfull. The next one: 401 Unauthorized. 🙁 And no change!

TIA,
    Ruzsi

aruzsi
    Participant

From the Android app it works!

I don’t understand!

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

When you say the “WEB” what are you referring to? The native UI of the OpenSprinkler firmware (the mainly white pages with the basic look)?

It sounds like a simple password issue and the app seems to have the correct one saved and the wrong one is being used elsewhere. Let me know if you have any other information.

aruzsi
    Participant

I didn’t know “WEB” page is not clear: It is when I enter the IP address of the Openspinkler in my web browser.

I checked the URL and there is pw=.

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

I ask because a web app exists for the desktop to interface with the OS. So you are getting incorrect password errors however the Android app has no issues. To me this means the password you are using is incorrect and the one the app has is correct (maybe a change didn’t happen)?

aruzsi
    Participant

I don’t know what is the problem.

From the WEB browser I can’t set anything. I don’t changed anything.
    A RESET the box.

Android app is working. The 1st web page acces was successfull. The 2nd was 401 Unauthorized.

TIA,

aruzsi
    Participant

Hi,

I found the solution.
    It was my fault. 🙁
    Sorry for it!

I RESET the box. Maybe I typed in the right default password in the Android app and I used wrong (default) password on the WEB page.
    Now I changed the default on both place and seems working, but after that the MAC, hostname and the IP was changed … Hmmmm …

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

Glad it worked out. I did notice an inconsistency in handling complex passwords. I don’t know if that was the issue or not however I will have this fixed in the next version of the app.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.