OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware FR Light Control From Dusk To Dawn or Dawn To Dusk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dun4cheap
    Participant

First, I want to commend you guys for some recent great fw updates. With the recent fix to allow multiple programs one in series and the other in simultaneous mode you have made OS a perfect central control station.

Anyhow, I am sure in reading the future plans that Dusk To Dawn timing is on the list, I was wondering where you are on this. I was thinking a simple DD# or -DD# can be used for the time. DD dusk to dawn, and then a number representing minutes. So we could set it to come on say 4 minutes before, or after or vice versa. The -DD would invert to run during the day instead of night.

Anyhow,  in reading the forum, I am sure you have more or better ideas on this already. So I am ready to actually implement it and test it. I was originally going to use a solid state relay, but after further research I have purchase a mechanical relay with an 24VAC coil for $22. Which I have tested and it does function. So now the next step is for the Auto dusk to dawn settings in the web gui.

Ray
    Keymaster

We are planning to add support for using sunset/sunrise times (with +/- offsets) in a program from the next firmware release. The current firmware can already obtain and display sunset/sunrise times (and it’s made available so we can collect feedback on it and check if there are any major issues). Support to use them in a program will be added next.

Could you post a link to your mechanical relay with 24VAC coil? The question of 24VAC relay often comes up and I am curious which one you’ve got. Thanks.

dun4cheap
    Participant

Rey,

I intended on doing so, I just got it last week and tested last week. Its been very busy, but I will post the details and part numbers. The major reason I opted not to go with the solid state relay is I didn’t want to mess with the heat sync. When I get to my office this week I will post the part number and info.

dun4cheap
    Participant

Rey,

Here is the info for the mechanical relay I purchased.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Relays_-z-_Timers/Electro-Mechanical_Relays/Power_Relays,_Open-Style,_40A_(AD-PR40_Series)/AD-PR40-1C-24A

This is a single pull double through 24VAC coil open style mount relay. I have tested it with my os controller and it does open and close. One the FW has been updated to allow the dusk to dawn controlling, I will test it further.

The price of the relay is about $19. The solid state ones with the heatsink would be similiar in pricing but I opted the mechanical relay.

Ray
    Keymaster

Cool, Thanks. That’s good to know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware FR Light Control From Dusk To Dawn or Dawn To Dusk.