OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Free Weather Underground API keys for PWS non-commercial users

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  franzstein 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

franzstein
    Participant

According to information from Victoria Gardner, Weather Underground the gateway for obtaining keys on the new API for PWS non-commercial users is planned to open on February 15, 2019. All current WU API keys that are linked to a PWS will stay open through Friday, March 1, 2019. Links to documentation and details about data can be found at Weather Underground API Update. That gives only two full weeks to sign up for a new key and change the calls.

I’m not an expert in programming, but I think there need to be some changes made to the OpenSprinkler Weather Service and probably the OpenSprinkler App. Are there plans for OpenSprinkler to update the interface to WU that it can still be used by PWS owners?

The Zimmerman Method in conjunction with my own PWS reporting to WU was working perfect for me and it would be very nice to have this feature still working.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Free Weather Underground API keys for PWS non-commercial users