OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Good News: installing USBasp and USBtiny drivers for Windows is now dead simple!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Keymaster

I just discovered a really simple way to install USBasp driver for all versions of Windows. This is by using a driver installation tool called Zadig. It provides signed drivers for libusb, which means a lot of open-source USB drivers (including USBasp and USBtiny) will now work perfectly on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 32-bit, 64-bit, without messing with driver signature enforcement! Check my blog post from last night for details:

http://rayshobby.net/?p=9912

This apples to all OpenSprinkler 2.0, 2.1, and SquareWear users. I will be updating the user manual and instructions right away.

dun4cheap
    Participant

Ray,

Dead-simple, well I have tried installing this on 3 different Window 7 machines. While it appears to be simple it simply is not working. First, I have plugged my opensprinkler hardware in to the USB cable while holding the b2 but as described. My device is detected as an unknown device. So I loaded up the Zigdig app as described and selected the libusb-win32 and pressed Install and it fails. By the way my drop down box list is empty. So I go to options and checked the box that say’s list all devices and the box populates. I select the unknown device however the usbid remain 0000 0000. I tried to install the driver and it still fails.

I tried to extract the drivers but it does not tell me where they were extracted. So I have not been successful with installing the driver so I have not been able to update my device.

Please advise….

dun4cheap
    Participant

I found the problem:

While plugging in the USB cable and hold the b2 button, 1-2 seconds MEANS 1-2 seconds and then let go.

This solved the problem, other wise the device is detected but the ID is not detected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Good News: installing USBasp and USBtiny drivers for Windows is now dead simple!