OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Graphical glitch in Weather Adjustment Method

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

CuriousG
    Participant

I updated my firmware yesterday to the latest 2.10 and my Nexus 7 tablet I used for the dropdown box to Weather Adjustment Method showed nothing.  When I clicked the area, it had two blank choices.  I chose the bottom one and it would then show which option when chosen.

I checked my iPad and my Android smartphone and they both work for the mobile app so it appears to only affect my Nexus 7 at this point.  Not sure if this is worth fixing.

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, I happen to have a Nexus 7 and I will check about this issue shortly. Thanks for reporting.

Samer
    Keymaster

I also have a Nexus 7 and am unable to recreate this issue. Until I can recreate it I doubt there is anything I can do to fix it. If you have any information why it’s going on though please let me know as I would like to fix it.

Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

@CuriousG: tested on my Nexus 7 and cannot reproduce the issue you reported. Which Android version is your Nexus 7 running? Also, is this occurring in browser or the Android app?

CuriousG
    Participant

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and it is running the most recent developer release of Android L.  Hopefully this screenshot will show you what happens for me in the mobile app.

CuriousG
    Participant

I tried editing my post above to remove the API key but for some reason the forum only allows me to edit the OP which I have the edited screenshot.  Please remove the attachment for the above post and look at the attachment in the OP.  I tried this in Chrome and IE with and without compatibility view.

Samer
    Keymaster

I think it’s fair to say this is likely an issue with the developer preview rather than the app.

The selection you are showing is a very simple select dialog.

Being a developer release and not final, this will have to wait to see if it continues being an issue.

Update: The first Google result shows this is true: https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1509. In the future, please let me know if the bug is occurring on beta/alpha operating systems as this will help save time debugging.

Thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

By the way, I believe I fixed the issue with the forum regarding not being able to edit your reply (only the original topic). Thanks for pointing this out!

Samer
    Keymaster

Now that 5.0 is final I have checked and still see the issue you described. I have commented on the above linked issue and hoping to get a reply. Worse yet, there is no recourse from my testing since the option background and text color is not changeable. I will continue observing this issue and looking for workarounds however if nothing shows up I will fallback to a custom select selection to mitigate this issue.

Just wanted to update you with my current status, thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

I have finally found a fix to this issue and will have it released in the next version. Sorry for the long delay.

Fix: https://github.com/salbahra/Sprinklers/commit/37388b6200ab1cbf6bcda9074963f061deccf4d4

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Graphical glitch in Weather Adjustment Method