OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Bee (OSBee) Hardware defect, need some info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tobasco
    Participant

Hi,
    my OSBeeWiFi 2.0 worked fine for the last 3 years. Yesterday it rained heavily and I disconnected the USB cable to skip the planned irrigation. After reconnecting the USB cable today the display stayed black and it smelled like hot electronic. I disassembled the OSBee and found a dead small spider and it’s net below the display. I cleaned it and disconnected the valve cable and tried to start the OSBee but I figured out that two SMD elements become very hot (see attached image). One of them is labeled with “XOKB 32”. I neither found any other hot elements nor other damages.

I have two questions:
    1) What is the correct replacement for these SMD elements
    2) Does it make sense to replace them or is the causing issue somewhere else?

Thanks in advance
    Thomas

Ray
    Keymaster

The component on the left (marked QPC) is AO3407 (or CJ3407 as equivalent) — it’s a P-MOSFET.
    The one on the right (closer to COM) is AO3400 (or CJ3400 as equivalent) — it’s an N-MOSFET.

Tobasco
    Participant

Hi Ray,
    thanks for the quick response!

I found the AO3400 in the circuit diagram on GitHub but not a AO3407. Instead an AO3401 is present.

Should I anyhow use the AO3407?

salute
    Thomas

Ray
    Keymaster

I recommend using AO3407, although AO3401 should also work. AO3407 has higher gate-source maximum voltage compared to AO3401.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Bee (OSBee) Hardware defect, need some info