OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) How to connect Main sprinkler valve to OSPi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rkovvur

I recently purchased the OSPI board to mount the Raspberry Pi. I am looking to replace my hunter sprinkler system.

My system has 6 zone valves and one Main valve. For a zone to be turned ON, the zone valve and main valve must be ON.

I am not sure how i can connect the Main valve to the OSPi. Should it just be connected as one of the ports ? Then how do i configure the programs (say the interval program) to turn ON this valve too every time a zone valve is activated ?

I could not find this info the OSPi manual.

I would appreciate any help.

Dan in CA
    Participant

Hi rkovvur ,

What you are referring to as the “main valve” is know as the master valve in OpenSprinkler terminology.

You can hook up the master valve to any of the first 8 stations on the OS. Then go into options and select that station as the master.

You will also need to go to the Stations page. When a master has been selected, you will see a column of check boxes next to each station for activating the master.

On the options page you can also set an optional delay for the master.

Dan

rkovvur

Thanks Dan!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) How to connect Main sprinkler valve to OSPi