OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware How to enter weather station ID as location parameter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sakos
    Participant

2.1.9 firmware allows again to use Wunderground as weather information provider. I would like to set a particular PWS ID as my location. According to the API the “loc:” location string parameter can be city,state name, zip code, GPS coords, PWS station ID. However the syntax is not specified for PWS.
    I tried the legacy (“loc”:”pws:stationID”) format but got weather service error and invalid location error message. If I enter only the station ID in “loc”:”stationID” format then I got weather service error and location not found message. I have a working WU API key.

sakos
    Participant

Despite no-one gave any hint (which is strange that neither the author knows how to use the API) I managed to solve the issue and let me share the simple solution if it helps anyone.
    So, the weather station has to be selected on the map in the GUI settings. Then it is stored in the configuration in the proper format.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware How to enter weather station ID as location parameter