OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware How to set own PWS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jhaug40
    Participant

Hi all,

I struggle to setup my own PWS. When I go into settings I can select and submit my current location but e.g the amount of rain differs from the value of my PWS. Location also is shown as “Steiermark,Osterreich” and not as “ISTEIERM133”.

How to setup my own PWS to use for OS?

Greetings from Austria,
    Juergen.

William
    Participant

jhaug40
    Participant

I’ve red that post but it doesn’t work. Nothing happens when I type in PWS:ISTEIERM133 It seems only cities can be inserted.
    Mine is the newest version 2.1.6

Juergen.

ShawnHarte
    Participant

If you havent tried doing so, enter the pws name without “pws.”

The firmware will convert your location to latitude, and longitude. So if all else fails, go to WU, navigate until you are showing the weather using your pws. Then look at the location there, it will show the lat and long coordinates. Enter those as your location, and as long as your pws is up and running it will use it. If for some reason your station goes offline, it will use the nearest available.

Another thing to take in to consideration, some of the weather data is cached and averaged, the averaging process may not use weighting for the data, which could skew the final result a small amount. Weather is read every hour and the cached data is reset at midnight. If you continue to have no luck, you could look at the api documents and enter your location manually.

I hope that helps a bit,
    Shawn

Samer
    Keymaster

I’ve updated the app to again accept the PWS directly. This will be released in the next update.

Thank you!

jhaug40
    Participant

Thank you Samer, really appreciate your support.

Juergen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware How to set own PWS.