OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests How to Wire solanoids into my OpenSprinkler 2.3

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

TimTam4U
    Participant

Hi,

I am a student at Templestowe College in Australia. I am putting together a new automatic watering system for my schools garden. I have already installed all the solenoids and have purchased the Opensprinkler 2.3 controller. I am now up to plugging all the cables into the OpenSprinkler, but I am not sure how to because there is only 1 port for each zone, and I have two wires hanging off each solanoid. My solenoids are 12v DC powered with 2 cables. How do I wire this into the system and configure it in the software? Thank you in advance for helping me out.

P.S sorry if i seem like i dont know much, I am new to this stuff! If you can a wiring diagram could be useful. Thanks.

Tom.

Ray
    Keymaster

The user manual explains how to wire up solenoids:
    https://openthings.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000716364-user-manuals
    simply put, there is a common wire, and then each zone has its individual zone wire.

Just to make sure: you said your solenoids are 12VDC. I assume you have OpenSprinkler 2.3 DC-powered (if you have AC-powered OpenSprinkler, that won’t work with DC valves). If your solenoid has polarity, the positive should go to common, negative should go to individual zone port. Most solenoids (except latching ones) don’t have polarity so most likely there is no distinction between positive vs. negative.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests How to Wire solanoids into my OpenSprinkler 2.3