OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests IFTTT notifications

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pls90
    Participant

I set up notifications through IFTTT and have to say I am loving it.
    That being said there is one event I miss, that is the starting of a watering cycle.
    I’d like to know whenever a valve is opended (by manual program or schedule) so I can intervene.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

pls90
    Participant

I just realized that the start of a scheduled program is notified indeed. I had only used manual runs up to now. So all is well 🙂

pls90
    Participant

it was quite rainy the last couple of days, rain sensor was constantly tripped. My scheduled programs didn’t run as expected, but the IFTTT notification is sent at the beginning of the scheduled run even if the run is actually omitted. Is there a chance to fix that?

Ray
    Keymaster

You may want to check your rain sensor quality. The firmware (assuming you are running a fairly recent firmware) already has a simple way to filter out noise from rain sensor — it checks that the rain sensor status is stable for at least 10 seconds before flipping the status. This helps avoid momentary status flipping.

pls90
    Participant

ray, I am sorry, I phrased my problem rather badly. I am not having issues with the rain sensor or operation of my ospi. That is working like a charm. My issue is the notification via IFTTT. Notification about a program start is being sent even if rain sensor is tripped and even if the whole system is deactivated. This is not how it is supposed to be. Why send notification about program start when in fact nothing is happening.

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, I see. this actually has to do with when the IFTTT ‘program start’ notification is sent out. Specifically, as soon as a program is scheduled, the ‘program start’ notification will be sent out. The rain sensor status gets applied at per-zone level. The reason it’s implemented this way is that a program may contain many zones, some of them observe rain sensor status, while others may ignore rain sensor (note that ‘ignore rain’ is a per-zone attribute). As a result, a program will be scheduled as usual, and whether a zone actually runs or not depends on its ‘ignore rain’ attribute. That explains why ‘program start’ notification is always sent out, even if no zone ends up running. I agree that this is not ideal, and will check what we can do to improve it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests IFTTT notifications