June 5, 2016 at 3:42 am #42814
I have a problem where, looking at a log from prior days watering, the average watering level reported is (very) wrong. Look at this screenshot:
It reports an average water level of 200%, yet the program for “Front Lawn Near” (and also “Far”) has a 100% time of 35m. In other words, for that section, the watering time was 22.75 / 35 = 65% (which, BTW, is more like what I would have expected for that day). Likewise, another example: “Front Roses” has a 100% time of 10 minutes , so 6.5 / 10 = 65%.
I would have expect all runs to be the same percentage, because these were all run on the same day, in series, so they should all have the same percentage (and when you calculate it based on the program and the actual, this is the case) and thus the average should have read 65%, yet it displays 200%.
On another day, in the same week (3 days earlier) I also get presented with 200% (it is the exact same program), yet the actual run-time for the Front Lawn sections was 16 minutes 27 seconds (let’s say 16.5) and thus I would have expected to see 16.5 / 35 = 47%.
To be clear: The actual watering times seem to have been correct for the weather (I have Zimmerman on, CA restrictions on, there was no precip at all), but the logs reports incorrect percentages.
FYI: I am running 2.1.6 (1) on hardware 2.2 (AC) and app version 1.4.10June 6, 2016 at 8:02 pm #42859
This may be due to the discrepancy between how the ‘Average Water Level’ is computed vs. the specific Water Level used to run a program at the time the program started. While the Water Level is updated once per hour, the ‘Average Water Level’ is computed and updated only once per day. So if the Water Level was 65% when the program started, but then the rest of the day the Water Level remains 200% then the average may still be 200%.
To find out what has happened, you can use the following API to retrieve the Water Level log:
where x.x.x.x is your OpenSprinkler’s device IP, pw= is the md5 hash of your password (the one shown above is the md5 hash of the default password opendoor), hist= gives the number of days (5 means the past 5 days), type= gives the type of data you are requesting (wl means water level). This way you can find out the per-hour update of water level it received.June 6, 2016 at 10:09 pm #42869
Aha. This may then be related to 200% Watering because of .9999 precip today if the one time a day this level was computed fell in the same window where, according to this bug linked to, I ended up with a 200% watering there. I see a few day with 3 WL samples taken in that window where WL=200 if I retrieve using the URL provided.
So, I’ll look again in a week, now that the linked bug supposedly has been fixed and see if the problem goes away.June 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm #42928
By the way, we just fixed a bug in the weather script that is likely to have caused a lot of defaults to 100% when precipitation data is unavailable. I think we don’t used to get a lot of these, but recently I found in many cases the ‘precipitation_today’ data returned from Wunderground is simply empty (instead of 0). There is a bug in the weather script that didn’t handle this correctly (causing percentage to fall back to 100% in these cases). In any case, that bug is fixed now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.