OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Incorrect time on Open Sprinkler 2.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kdog1914

I noticed that my time is off. I am GMT -7 and while even after a reboot it didn’t take the -7 (stayed at -5), it’s also off by 13 min. I should note that the reboot is by the switch. If it requires a reboot rather than a reset, I’ll give that a whirl.

The time offset noticed was 21:30 when the time was 23:17. The firmware was shipped with 2.0. Is there anything I can do to help track this down? I’m not too concerned about my watering being that accurate now that I know but it’s something that should be addressed if it’s not just me.

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

You need to set time zone manually (i.e. the controller does not detect time zone automatically. You can follow the online user manual to see how to set time zone.

Regarding the time drift: when you reboot the controller (assuming it can connect to the Internet), it should grab the current time (based on your time zone setting). If the time doesn’t get updated, you should check if your controller has a valid IP. Without a valid Internet connection, it cannot perform NTP time sync.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Incorrect time on Open Sprinkler 2.0