Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nystrom
    Participant

I just unboxed my OSBo and am about to assembly the BBB to the OSBo. My intention is to add additional functionality in the future using the unused i/o pins on the BBB.

Looking at the board, its pretty clear that adding header pins for P8 and P9 is an intended option, but I didn’t see any instructions or guidelines for doing this in the documentation. Has anyone else done this already? Any words of advise/warning?

Is there any reason I should not go ahead and solder the additional P8 and P9 header pins on the OSBo?

I’ve attached two photos showing the header pins and OSBo, separate and combined, for clarity.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike
    Participant

Not sure what you’re planning to add, but you might want to consider stackable headers.  Remove the headers that are on the OSBo and put stackables on through the back.  That enables standard capes to be used.  You’ll have to come up with a new enclosure though.

nystrom
    Participant

I don’t plan to use capes. I’ll probably just run some wires or ribbon cable out of the OSB0 enclosure to a second enclosure.

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.