OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Beagle (OSBo) Installing OS on beagle bone black

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mcg1103
    Participant

I have a beagle bone black and it has been crashing so I am trying start from scratch.

I created a new micro sd with the raspberry pi image. I put the sd card in the system but it is not booting.

What is the process to get the BBB to boot off the sd card?

After booting I should get a login prompt, correct?

-Mark

David
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Please press the button on the board near the sd card and power on the BBB and hold the button for some seconds. So, the beagle boot from the SD card.

If you have a wifi usb card (edimax). It’s the wlan1. Not the wlan0.

If had the same problems withe beagle. Have fun.

mcg1103
    Participant

The raspberry pi image does not seem to work with the bbb. Can I just load ubuntu on my device and then load the open sprinkler software?

Is there a complete BBB setup guide?

David
    Participant

The image works with the BBB. But you have to run the build.sh osbo first.

But it’s better to work with Ubuntu and install OpenSprinkler. On the image is an old software and you have to understand date it. The update is like a reinstall.

You find a discrition for update/install in the docu.

Mike
    Participant

Sounds like you’re trying to use a raspberry pi image on a BBB? I’ve not tried that myself but I have installed the actual BBB image from http://www.raysfiles.com/osbo/osbo2.zip It works. It has the old software though, so as David mentioned you’ll need to update it. I’ve also installed the latest BBB Ubuntu image following the directions here http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu I then had to install the build-essentials package before I could install the latest version of the OpenSprinkler unified firmware. However that also worked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Beagle (OSBo) Installing OS on beagle bone black