OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Intermittent logging behaviour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dman
    Participant

I have implemented the Raspberry Pi logging and it seems to work most of the time. However sometimes the it doesn’t record the logging data. The Sprinklers.php shows a station is running but with zero time elapsed. However sometimes it does work and correctly log times.
    Not very well versed in Linux, but I have changed the line in rc.local from:

python /home/pi/python_scripts/zonecheck.py

(Dan – note there is a typo in your blog: zoneckeck.py)
    to

/usr/bin/python /home/pi/python_scripts/zonecheck.py

ie – a fully qualified path to python

There seems to be some suggestion that the path may (or may not) be fully initialised when rc.local is run.
    (http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19409

Anyway I’ll run for a while and see how it goes.

dman
    Participant

Still getting intermittant failure of the logging script. It seems like the Python scripts has locked up. How do I find out whats happening? Is there an error log I can check out?
    I think it might be when the Opensprinkler server does not respond quickly enough to the UrlOpen request. If I run the script in the foreground without the deamon stuff and wait a while until it locks, when I exit the scripts it looks like it was in the url libraries.
    I’m thinking there should be some sort of error/timeout wrapper around the call to to OpenSprinkler? Any thoughts?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Intermittent logging behaviour