OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App iOS app version 2.2.2 possibly losing saved sites on update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

We initially posted that the iOS app maybe having connectivity issues, however upon further investigation it appears to be a loss of site data causing the issue. Once the site is re-added things appear to work.

We have noticed a long splash screen and localization not working so we will be pushing an update soon.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

bensweet
    Participant

There looks like something else is still going on. I have 2x sprinklers in different setups, neither works on the IOS app using a remote connection (http / https + reverse proxy + basic auth) but both work on a local connection (http + reverse proxy, no basic auth). I recently updated my phone to iOS14.4.2.

When setting up in the app a new connection to the https + reverse proxy + basic auth ospi system it reasonably quickly returns Check IP/Port then try again. When doing the same for the http + reverse proxy + basic auth ospi system it times out after about 40sec

For both systems if I take the connection path entered into the app and test in a web browser in iOS, once I get past the basic auth they work fine. App broke some time in the last week for me.

Ray
    Keymaster

What’s your app version? The latest app version, which fixes the issues we reported, is app version 2.2.4. You can find the app version by going to the homepage, swipe left to right to open the left-side menu, then ‘About’.

bensweet
    Participant

Ray, 2.2.4 on my iPhone. Seems that it is something with basic auth that is broken. My reverse proxy only requires basic auth if traffic is routed via the WAN otherwise no auth is required in Apache. If iOS is on the LAN, app works with a signed SSL certificate without basic auth. If iOS is on the WAN, even with basic auth then setup in the app it doesn’t work. Doing the same on Android with 2.2.4 works as expected with SSL + basic auth.

Is there something that has changed in the latest iOS software that isn’t specific to the app – O/S or SDK?

Stephen
    Participant

2.2.4 seems to have logged me out and also erased all of my settings.

Not a happy farmer today 🙁

Samer
    Keymaster

Apologizes for the lost data. This was not intended! The app stores data using local storage which is bound to the domain. When we updated the app the file:// protocol stopped working properly due to security issues and this was changed to ionic:// protocol. As a result, the data is not found.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you use the cloud sync you can just login and it should restore all your sites.

In regard to the basic auth not working, I will investigate and reply back ASAP.

Thank you for your understanding!

Stephen
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.

When I log into the iOS app now, all I see is the attached image. No sites. When I log in from a browser (e.g. Firefox) under MacOS to the controllers directly, I see the correct setups. The individual sites appear to be synced with the cloud.

Stephen
    Participant

Since I can access and export configurations from the web browser, can I import those under iOS if I get them into Files on my iPhone?

I am still not seeing them synced through the cloud, even though they seem to be synced from the browser to the cloud.

“Scan for device” in the iOS app is not working, even though the phone and sprinkler controllers are all on the same subnet (192.168.1.x).

Not having access to my sprinkler controllers on my phone is A Problem.

Steve

Stephen
    Participant

I was able to get my iOS app updated from the controllers, so I’m back in business. And I’m saving the configs from the website, just in case.

Stay well!

Steve

WildBillpdx
    Participant

I’m having the same issue on my iPad and iPhone. What did you do to get this working again? I can access the system via Firefox on Ubuntu, but not via the mobile app. Not sure if it matters, but I have the OpenSprinkler Pi 2.1.9 (3).

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you all for the follow up! I think we are stable now and will do our best to avoid anything like this past issue from occurring again.

bensweet
    Participant

Confirming the app has been working well. Looks like the basic auth was actually an issue with CORS. Somewhere in all of this (I haven’t looked too far in the iOS updates) it looks as though something has changed with the CORS preflight request and the Apache reverse proxy started to fail CORS on a number of fronts.

For what its worth I always had Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*” which for year had worked ok but the preflight was killing this. Had to make several changes to get this to work, as below

# Enable CORS
    Header unset Access-Control-Allow-Origin
    Header always set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”
    Header always set Access-Control-Allow-Methods “POST, GET, OPTIONS, DELETE, PUT”
    Header always set Access-Control-Allow-Headers “append,delete,entries,foreach,get,has,keys,set,values,Authorization”

# Rewrite OPTIONS message to return Http ok message
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} OPTIONS
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1 [R=200,L]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App iOS app version 2.2.2 possibly losing saved sites on update