OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App ios app – wifi vs cellular

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jasonsingleterry
    Participant

My apologies if this has already been asked. But having an issue with my ops-pi and the iphone application.

Once it connects while on wifi, it changes the ip to the public ip address. It works the first time from then on it ALWAYS works when not on the wifi.

I have to delete the site and recreate the next time i want to use it on the wifi.

Why doesnt it not remember and try a local ip, then the public?

Did i miss something in the setup?

Thanks in advance!
    Jason

Ray
    Keymaster

Not sure if I understand the issue correctly, but I think the app detects whether port forwarding is set up on your network, and if so, it will modify the local IP to external IP, so that you can remotely access the controller. Usually the external IP works just fine if you are local on your network — but we did find that some routers block accessing the external IP when you are on the local network (i.e. a request coming from within the network that tries to access the external IP). This might be your case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App ios app – wifi vs cellular