OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Irregular duration of programmed tasks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mistralst
    Participant

Hi all again,

I’m having some troubles with the duration of the tasks I program. For example, if I try with the option RUN NOW and I set a 5 seconds task it runs for 17 seconds instead of just 5 seconds.

I’m using the web interface Sprinkler program and of course, the last version o the software.

Anyone have the same problem? Or is just me?

Thank you very much,

Dan in CA
    Participant

When you say “RUN NOW”, are you referring to the button on the PROGRAMS page or the one on the RUN ONCE page?

I have tried both and so far don’t see the problem you describe.

Dan

mistralst
    Participant

Sorry, yes: I meant Run Once. I have the same problem with “Programs”…

So, if you set Run Once for 5 seconds, thats exactly the time is active? Is not that way in my case…

Samer
    Keymaster

@mistralst It sounds like you are using my mobile app. Is the issue experienced only within the application or also on the device web page as well? Can you send a screenshot by any chance of the specific problem (where it is saying 17 seconds)?

Thanks.

mistralst
    Participant

No, I’m not using the mobile app, just the web app. I know the seconds that is running because i just count it with a clock.

There is any way to see how many seconds and when has been running? On the logs or anywhere else?

Thanks,

Samer
    Keymaster

The web app? You mean Sprinkler-PHP? That isn’t supported any more nor up to date for OSPi or the Arduino. If you don’t mind, can you send a screenshot so I can understand what you are seeing?

Thanks!

Dan in CA
    Participant

To use the logging feature go to Options > logging and be sure the box next to “Enable logging:” is checked. Click SUBMIT CHANGES. After you run a test you can go to the LOG page and you should see the length of the run in the Duration column.

Dan

mistralst
    Participant

Here is a picture of the log:

The most recent run was a 5 seconds run but it last for aprox. 16-17 seconds.

Dan in CA
    Participant

What are you timing?

I have a set of LEDs attached to my test system and they turn off after the programmed time. If you are timing a sprinkler valve, it may have a delay between the time the power is turned off and when the water actually stops running.

Dan

mistralst
    Participant

Yes, that is possible.

I’m timming this device: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004S1V2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s a very huge delay anyway… don’t you think so?

Ray
    Keymaster

The common sprinkler valve always has a delay in closing the valve. The way it works is by relying on the water pressure build-up internally to stop the water flow. So even though the solenoid is released, it may take a few seconds for the water to stop flowing. Also, the lower water pressure you have the longer time it takes to fully stop the water flow. So if you are timing it according to when the water stops flowing, it will always be longer than the programmed time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Irregular duration of programmed tasks