OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Is my rain sensor malfunctioning?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

I have had this rain sensor working for several years and seem to remember that when it worked there was a red notice “Rain Detected” or something like it.

The other day there was some rain, not a great deal, but still enough for me thinking programs would not start, but they were active nonetheless.

Is there a way to understand if the sensor is broken or needs to be adjusted to a new level (I had set it many years ago by finding the right rotation of a plastic collar)?

Of course the programs I am talking about do have the “Use weather adjustment” option selected. In the options Weather Adjustement is “manual” and “use rain sensor” is flagged.

App Version 2.2.0
    FW 2.1.5(1)
    HW 2.1 AC

Thank you very much.

Ray
    Keymaster

You can test your rain sensor directly. Use a multimeter to measure the conductivity (or resistance) on the two wires of the sensor. A ‘normally closed’ sensor would measure 0 ohm when there is no rain, and measure infinite ohm if rain activates the sensor; a ‘normally open’ sensor is the reverse.

‘Use weather adjustment’ has nothing to do with rain sensor — that is to select whether you want the ‘watering percentage’ to apply to the program. Rain sensor does not affect how watering percentage is calculated.

rjalex
    Participant

Would the sensor status be shown in the web or phone apps?

Would it be logged as the watering events are?

Thank you very much Ray.

Cheers from Rome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Is my rain sensor malfunctioning?