OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Latching or non-latching or something else?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ygreq
    Participant

Hi there!

I would like to buy an openSprinkler but don’t know which one to buy. My garden is watered by a fountain pump (AC), so I would say the water running through the pipes does not have a lot of pressure. And I wouldn’t want to force it anyway not to create more pressure on the pump. Also we also generate current from a solar PV system (24V DC). But we have a 24V-to-220V inverter.

Considering all of the above, I don’t know what to choose as I am having difficulties understanding the difference.

BTW, because of the low pressure, I was thinking of using a Two Way Motorized Ball Valve. Which category does this type of valve enter? Latching or non-latching?
    Here’s an example: store item
    And here is a demo: youtube demo

Thank you so much for your advice!
    ygreq

Ray
    Keymaster

If you use motorized ball valve, the 2-wire auto-return is probably the simplest to work with, as it should be able work with OpenSprinkler without modification. The 3-wire or 2-wire reverse polarity both requires either hardware or software modifications. On the link you posted, CR04 seems to be the 2-wire auto-return type.

ygreq
    Participant

Hey Ray! Thank you for looking into this.

That would mean I should choose latching or non-latching Open Sprinkler version?

Ray
    Keymaster

2-wire auto return is NON-latching

ygreq
    Participant

Thank you, Ray. It seemed so, but I had to be sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Latching or non-latching or something else?