OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Latest Windows Phone App (1.6.0.0) doesn't launch

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Gilles
    Participant

I updated the Windows Phone App yesterday.
    Since then, the App doesn’t launch (clicking on the App brings the phone back to home screen after one second). This happens on a 950 WindowsPhone on Windows Phone 10, all latest updates installed.
    Thanks in advance for bringing my app back to life…

Wokkeltje
    Participant

I see the splashscreen for a second and then the app disapears, back to the homescreen of the Phone.

Samer
    Keymaster

An update was just submitted to Microsoft. It should be live within 24 hours. I will post here when the update is complete to check if the issue persists.

Thank you

kj6oeo
    Participant

I am having a similar issue. The app does not seem to work when using Google chrome on Linux mint and the android phone app does not work either.

Samer
    Keymaster

@kj6oeo your issue is different. I will reply on your other thread.

Samer
    Keymaster

The update just got approved and should show in the store soon.

Wokkeltje
    Participant

Did the update to 1.6.1.0 without success. I also removed the app and restarted my phone with same result.

The app only shows the splash screen and then closes.

Wokkeltje
    Participant

Tested on a second phone with same result.

Gilles
    Participant

Same here : Just downloaded the newest update, but App still doesn’t launch (just splash screen). Also restarted the phone.

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay I think it’s best to use your browser until a fix is performed for this issue.

Thank you

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay got a test device and found the error. This is being patched and released as 1.6.3.0. Should be available soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Update: Microsoft Developer Dashboard has been offline this afternoon however the app just now finally got submitted.

Samer
    Keymaster

Microsoft just accepted the latest build and should be available in the store soon. Hope this resolves the issue once and for all, please let me know.

Thank you!

Wokkeltje
    Participant

First test seems ok. Tnx

Gilles
    Participant

I confirm it also seem to work here now with latest update.
    Thanks a lot for fast turn around Samer.

oz
    Participant

Cant get it anymore and windows store. any ideas?

Samer
    Keymaster

Microsoft removed it from the store because the app has a button which opens a browser that allows you to buy OpenSprinkler. As a result, they want more money from us by making us upgrade to a business account.

At the moment, I’m not sure how we are going to proceed.

Wokkeltje
    Participant

can’t you remove the button?

I want to keep OpenSprinkler on my Windows Phone or Computer if I need to buy a new one.

Samer
    Keymaster

We are going to just buy a business license in order to keep the app as is. We will update once this is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wokkeltje
    Participant

Even better. Thx for supporting windows phone.

Rogero
    Participant

I tried to load the app on a new replacement phone and it is not in the store. Any ETA for getting it back?

Ray
    Keymaster

Still in the business license process. Samer can jump in and provide some updates.

Samer
    Keymaster

Our application has been submitted and pending verification from Microsoft. We will update once this process is complete.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samer
    Keymaster

Good news, the Windows app is now fixed. Should be available in the store again with 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

deepwater
    Participant

I just purchased several of the controllers and am trying to get the windows 8.1 app to work. When I try to add the controller using an IP address the app returns: “Check IP/Port and try again”. The iPhone app works without issue so I know I am entering the right settings. Help?

deepwater
    Participant

Ok, after a little more testing I found the following. If both of the first two octets of the ip address are greater than 99 i.e. 192.168.x.x then I immediately get the result above.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Latest Windows Phone App (1.6.0.0) doesn't launch