OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler LCD screen settings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

Hi,

I recently bought an OpenSprinkler and I’m trying to learn how to use it…

I just wonder what is the purpose of the LCD settings in the Options Menu, since when changing these settings nothing is happening on the device LCD screen !?

Ray
    Keymaster

If you have bought OpenSprinkler 2.3 recently, those LCD settings are irrelevant now, because the recent batches of OpenSprinkler 2.3 use I2C LCD, where the contrast and backlight cannot be changed in software (except that the backlight can be turned off in software). We should probably change the UI to hide these settings if such LCDs are detected.

george
    Participant

is there a way to keep the screen on?

Ray
    Keymaster

I think so. Try to change the LCD dimming to a value of 255 (the maximum value) and I think it will keep the backlight on.

george
    Participant

from the phone app? I have played with the settings and no luck.

Ray
    Keymaster

Ok, I was wrong, apparently for I2C type LCD, the brightness and dimming values don’t matter:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/blob/master/OpenSprinkler.cpp#L1631
    This can be improved in the next firmware update.

The backlight does come on if you click any button, and turn back off after 15 seconds of inactivity.

scliffe
    Participant

That would explain things. I purchased a new OpenSprinkler late last year after my original one got fried in a storm and wanted to have the backlight on permanently like I previously did as it lives in a dark garage. Personally I would like to see a return of this functionality.

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, this can be done easily in software. I will add it to the todo list for firmware 2.1.7.

Stano
    Participant

Yeah, I would also like to see this functionality return if possible.

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, this is purely a software feature that can be easily restored.

wifi75
    Participant

I don’t understand why in the version 2.1.9 of opensprinkler there is no longer the menu for the control of the lcd, why?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler LCD screen settings