OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware learning enough python to use the API

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JimS
    Participant

Any suggestions on where to learn enough python to use the api? My python skills are very limited – just learning it. Having a hard time looking at the code I have found and looking for some very simple examples of complete code that would do just one thing. The handling of the data structure is the main thing I am struggling with I think.

Ray
    Keymaster

The HTTP API has nothing particularly to do with Python — it’s standard HTTP API. Any programming language that supports sending HTTP commands can interface with the API.

JimS
    Participant

While I have no doubt that’s all true it doesn’t help with where to start to understand how to use it.

JimS
    Participant

For anyone else interested here is a video that covers python, api, and json. This one and a couple of the following ones by the same person seem pretty good – not open sprinkler based but similar programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yn7_YuIBdo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware learning enough python to use the API