OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Limit access to "Edit options" and "Edit programs" to Administrator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lutz
    Participant

Hello,

Is would like to give my family access to the app as well, but I don’t like to use the same password and I would also like to block the access to “Edit options” and “Edit programs”. Is this possible with the current firmware?

Best regards,

Lutz

Samer
    Keymaster

As of right now, the concept of users and access levels is not present. We will consider this in the future though.

Marc
    Participant

I’d like to +1 the idea of a user vs administrator mode. I’m deploying a bunch of zones at my house, and some of them will generally not be schedule, but started on a timer on an ad hoc basis, I’d like to be able to keep people frequently on the interface on a mobile device outdoors from doing anything to the REST of the configuration, which I’ve already had to fix twice.

Thanks!

tamarix
    Participant

Hi

Looking at this old thread. I also like this idea.
    Is there any plan in the roadmap to have different authorization levels on the App ?

I would foresee 2 different levels:
    * Full admin able to configure everything, including IP access, updates, etc.
    * Local admin: able to modify the watering programs, etc.
    * Local user : able to start/stop a program, check the status

Thank you

Jeremy
    Participant

+1; I agree.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Limit access to "Edit options" and "Edit programs" to Administrator