Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

higgbeme
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m a new user of OSPi and think it’s awesome what all it can do. However, I have had some difficulty in getting it up and running from a fresh install and I believe it’s due to a bug in helpers.py, specifically line 216 (f.writelines(lines[:gv.sd[‘lr’]])). lr is defined as u”100″ and that causes an error when writing to logs and it appears as stations not changing in programs for no apparent reason. It’s very repeatable.

A workaround is to change the log size in the web app. After doing that it works fine.

Attachments:

Dan in CA
    Participant

Thanks for reporting this.

The bug was actually in gv.py line 55  (u”lr”: u”100″), changed to (u”lr”: 100).

Update is now on GitHub.

Dan

djagerif
    Participant

Dan,

I tried the system_update plugin and it pulled the new one from github but unfortunately it didn’t update the CPU temperature and also my plugin dropdown only showed ‘Manage Plugins’. The only way to get it activated was to restart the interval program, a page refresh didn’t help either. Is this the only way or is there something else I could have tried?

Ingo

Dan in CA
    Participant

Looks like the restart after fetching the update needs some fine tuning.

I’ll work on it.

Did the CPU temp update after the restart?

Dan

djagerif
    Participant

Yes, both the CPU and the Manage Plugins menu came back to life after a restart.

Ingo

Dan in CA
    Participant

OK,

I posted an update to GitHub.

The problem had to do with the gpio_pins.py file not loading properly. The temperature reading is platform dependent and the gpio_pins file is where the platform (pi/beagle bone black) is determined. At first I thought is was a minor inconvenience but when the temp reading was zero, no zones could be turned on either.

There were also some changes to the system updater plugin and I would recommend doing a manual software update at this point to avoid some strange problems that result from the old updater.

Dan

Stephen
    Participant

Dan,

I have just updated my OSPi using the “old-fashioned” git pull, and I am pleased that you have changed how the plugins work.

Ever keen to see new things you guys are creating, I browsed to the plugins page, and note there is a small typographical error – you have “BROWS MORE PLUGINS” – it should read “BROWSE MORE PLUGINS”.

Keep up the great work!

Dan in CA
    Participant

Someone issued a pull request on GitHub with a fix before I even saw this post so it should be correct now.

It’s really great to have input from the user community like that!

Dan

Stephen
    Participant

Wow, that was quick!

Yes, it has been fixed in version 2.2.30 that I just updated using the “System Update” plugin! Thank you, everyone!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.