OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Logging of weather data

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

Is it possible to access the log of the weather data with the comupted Zimmerman watering % ?

In the first season of running with the weather modification I’d love to be able to keep an eye on the algorithm behaviour.

Thank you so much.

Ray
    Keymaster

The current firmware logs the average watering percentage of each day. Go to ‘View Logs’, click on ‘Table’ view, and notice that when you click on each day, the top bar shows ‘Average Water Level’ each day. We can certainly log more frequently (because the percentage can change over a day) but so far most users seem to be ok with one average number per day.

rjalex
    Participant

Aw great. Sorry I didn’t notice. I meant also logging the parameters which trigger the algorithm (avg. temo, avg, hum , rain amt) but it’s only a nice to have and so if complex I’d leave it alone.
    Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

It’s pretty straightforward to log the weather parameters. I am debating on whether to add this to the immediate next firmware update. The main reason is that adding this support would incur some UI changes (perhaps adding a separate table to display the weather parameters, since we don’t want these to be mixed with the sprinkler station log data).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Logging of weather data