I have one of the earlier versions of OpenSprinkler, and I love it. However, once I installed it into my garage it only worked correctly for about 2-3 weeks if I recall correctly. I started having strange problems with it…you can see the below thread:
It was locking up, possibly rebooting itself, and doing other weird things. What I have found is that it was NOT the OpenSprinkler itself – other ‘homemade’ devices in my garage have acted strangely (see my recent blog post about this). It turned out to be 1 or more of my Insteon home automation devices installed in the garage. Again, see the blog post for more information.
Hope this will help someone either now, or in the future!