OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions lost wireless connection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My opensprinkler controller has been functioning great for the whole year, but I seem to have lost wireless. I disconnected outdoor mounting and brought unit inside near home router. Still not connecting. Any tips before I assume it’s hardware failure.

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you change your router SSID or password recently? Depending on which version of firmware your controller is running:
    – if it runs a fairly recent firmware, you can press B3+B2 (like how you press Ctrl+C) to reset it to AP mode, then you can go through the WiFi setup steps again to have it log on to your WiFi again.
    – if it’s an earlier firmware, the only thing to recover WiFi is to perform a factory reset. The reset procedure is as follows:
    – Power off OpenSprinkler, then power it back on, and as soon as you see the OpenSprinkler Logo, press and hold first button (B1) until the LCD displays ‘Reset?’ It should have selected ‘Yes’ by default.
    – Press and hold the third push-button (B3) until the device reboots and finishes resetting.

After reset, it goes to AP mode. You can follow the WiFi setup steps again to have it log on to your WiFi, as described in the user manual:
    https://openthings.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000716364-user-manuals

Anonymous
    Inactive

The controller is working because internal date and time is correct.

I’ll go through the setup steps again. I had my home router replaced recently and I’m sure that is at least part of issue.

I tried to go to 192.168.4.1 to complete WiFi setup process again, but can’t seem to load this page. Is this the correct IP address to start a new WiFi connection again?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I pushed B1 and IP address shows: 0.0.0.0

:80 (ip:port)

and below that is : 192.168.4.1
    which I can’t connect to online with my browser.

I reset numerous times but I seem to be stuck here.

Val
    Participant

I’m having the same wifi issues. Seems to lose connection but is ok when I remove and reconnect power. Running latest fw and unit is only a couple week old.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can its functions be accessed via USB as an Arduino unit? I don’t need wireless as a priority but I’d like to continue to use hardware and access software for programming new irrigation times and let it run standalone without

Ray
    Keymaster

If you see “192.168.4.1” — that means your controller is still in AP mode and it has not been connected to your home WiFi yet. In order to access the page of 192.168.4.1, you need to connect your phone or laptop to the OS_xxxxxx AP. Please refer to the user manual, or the one-page getting started guide. These steps are clearly described in the user manual and instructions.

The current firmware allows all firmware features to function in AP mode. So in the case you don’t have a WiFi router, you can have the controller remain in AP mode, and use your phone to connect to its AP. Then use the OpenSprinkler mobile app to communicate with the controller.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions lost wireless connection