OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mac app not "remembering" my OS device

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ramblinwreck
    Participant

Hi, just installed the Mac “Sprinklers” app (downloaded from Mac app store, Version 1.1.6 (2)), after discovering of it’s existence on another forum post. Works OK, except that it keeps “forgetting” my OS device. What I mean is that every time I re-open the app, it brings up the “scan for device” and “Manually add device’ screen. To be clear, this occurs AFTER I have already added my device. I have added it via scan, and manually, and in both cases it eventually forgets it and asks me to add it again.

I do not have this problem on the mobile app (on my iPhone), only on my mac.

Let me know if I’m missing something, or if you need any more information to reproduce..

Samer
    Keymaster

That’s odd because I do have settings being saved to ~/Library/Sprinklers/LocalStorage. Does this folder exist on the system with the app installed?

Also, which version of OS X are you using? By the way, Apple is terribly slow at updating the OS X app. They emailed me yesterday letting me know it will be a while before they review 1.1.8 (latest on store is 1.1.6).

Thanks!

ramblinwreck
    Participant

Hi!

That’s odd because I do have settings being saved to ~/Library/Sprinklers/LocalStorage. Does this folder exist on the system with the app installed?

No.

Also, which version of OS X are you using? By the way, Apple is terribly slow at updating the OS X app. They emailed me yesterday letting me know it will be a while before they review 1.1.8 (latest on store is 1.1.6).

Just for the sake of debug, I created that folder structure manually (i.e. added Sprinklers/LocalStorage to my ~/Library), but I still get the same result, and those new folders stay empty.

Samer
    Keymaster

I’ll have to investigate this and get back to you then. Thanks for the report!

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay, I found the bug and will get this fixed in the next update (assuming Apple ever approves the current one).

Thanks and hopefully see it soon. If not, I will post a DMG here.

ramblinwreck
    Participant

Got the DMG, installed 1.2.0 (6). Still have the issue (have to re-scan for my OS device again…). This is not urgent (I use web/app interfaces mostly), but thought I’d mention it.

Samer
    Keymaster

We will have to wait for the app to update on the store because the DMG seems to work according to a few users. Maybe being an App Store app will fix it.

I guess Apple review people are too busy to do their job…

By the way: What do you mean 1.2.0 (6), specifically the (6)?

TechFan
    Participant

Btw, it has happened to me with DMG version as well, but I have tried to see if it is every time yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samer
    Keymaster

Ah okay thanks. That is very odd that it is intermittent but I will take another look at this.

TechFan
    Participant

Ok. So, it isn’t intermittent. . .it loses settings every second start. . .tried it 10+ times. . .and every second start it loses settings. . .

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you for the detailed information. I will use this to debug the issue.

Samer
    Keymaster

Looks like the default quota is 0 bytes for storage and I need to formally request it to be expanded. I have done this now and will update the next app. Before I do, would you be willing to test again if I update the download link?

Thanks

By the way: Apple just approved the updated OS X app (current: 1.2.0).

TechFan
    Participant

Sure, I’ll test it from home if you update the download.

Samer
    Keymaster

@TechFan wrote:

Sure, I’ll test it from home if you update the download.

Okay, I have uploaded it here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=35951665401476349232&t=3595166540147634923285318.

By the way, a lot of things are broken in this version (lots of ongoing changes). So please don’t worry about bugs I just want to know if the persistence issue is fixed for OS X settings.

Thanks again!

Update: Sorry for the 10MB download size, I need to remake the DMG at some point.

TechFan
    Participant

Sorry. Freshly downloaded version still loses settings every second start.

Samer
    Keymaster

This is important because due to a bug in WebKit, if you don’t store your LocalStorage WebView files in the same directory as the tracker database, they are deleted every other time you run your application.

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8198453/local-storage-in-webview-is-not-persistent

I will get this fixed now, thanks for the testing!

TechFan
    Participant

:). No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samer
    Keymaster

Here is an updated app with the above linked fix: http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=08968129098027616232&t=0896812909802761623261415

Hopefully this works. Sorry I am unable to test. For some reason it works no matter what I do on my Mac.

Again, thanks for the testing!

TechFan
    Participant

8-10 launches. . .hasn’t forgotten my OS yet. 🙂 Looks like that one is squashed. So, in general, still mid implementation, so I should stick with using 1.2.0?

Samer
    Keymaster

Yes, please. The edit programs page is undergoing work. Technically it should work fine but I would hate for something to go awry. I will have a stable with the OS X bug fixed soon.

Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mac app not "remembering" my OS device