January 20, 2015 at 8:10 am #35258
I found an old 1Gb micro-SD the other day so decided to install it into my OS yesterday seeing as though there is logging available now since firmware 2.1.1.
I’m a little confused though regarding the time used in the logging.
I’m in Cape Town so my time zone is set to +02:00 (correctly based on the location I set).
If I look at the logs on the web interface today I do see entries for yesterdays programs but the times don’t align with my program settings and are inconsistent depending on what you view.
As an example I have a program set to start at 12:30 and if I go to “View logs” the default page shows (Graph and Grouping:None) the times don’t align to anything that makes sense but then the grouping is set to “None“.
When I then choose “Hour” for the grouping the times make sense but they show as local time minus 1 hour (or GMT +1) instead of my local time.
Selecting “Table” shows the correct local time in it’s listing.
Selecting “Timeline” however shows the times as local time plus 2 hours (looks to be taking local time and adding time zone setting).Exporting the log from the log from the “Graph” page I see in the export file it uses epoch date so I converted my first entry expecting t to be 12:30 yesterday but it is “2015-01-19 14:33:01” (epoch of 1421670781) which ties up with the times shown on the “Timeline” page.
Now that I know what it’s doing it’s not a big deal for me but would be great if it could be looked at.
It may also be nice to not show the key stations names/colours for disabled stations on the Graph page, but that’s just being a little picky;)January 20, 2015 at 4:45 pm #35264
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and the detail provided. I will re-examine the times and let you know when a fix has been generated.
Thanks!January 22, 2015 at 11:01 pm #35300
Okay, I have actually figured out all of these issues and will have the fix out in the next app/UI release.
Thanks again for the report!January 22, 2015 at 11:13 pm #35304
Also, to clarify about the “None” view. The graphing plugin creates small “nubs” for all the stations, including stations with no run times. This means everything on the graph is getting displaced and the X axis isn’t lining up with anything meaningful. I think the same thing is happening for the hour.
The timeline was using the wrong timezone completely, this has been fixed.March 4, 2015 at 4:20 am #35803
Just upgraded to 2.1.3, thank you…
the logs all look great now, times all correct to local settings and great to have the disabled stations excluded from the keys
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.