OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Manual Station Status Bug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ostrichsak
    Participant

I’ve been using the manual station mode nearly exclusively (I’ve got an unusual setup that requires actions not currently possible with installed firmware) and sometime last summer there was an update that seemingly b0rk the app for me. Basically, whenever I go into the ‘Manual Control’ mode from the Android app I’m faced with 8 buttons.. one for each my sprinkler zones. When I click 1 it turns yellow momentarily as it sends the command and then goes green to signify that zone is indeed running. Due to my situation I tap 1 and then a second or two later I tap 2. This activates two of my zones simultaneously but staggers so that I don’t get water hammer. I have 8 zones I run through and I set a secondary timer to manually turn off 1, turn on 3 and then turn off turn and turn 4 on a specified time later. Today for instance this time was 10 minutes. So I cycle through all 8 of my zones in about 40min instead of an hour and 20min and I stagger in a manner (especially at the end) that doesn’t cause water hammer. As summer approaches my 3rd party timer will increase in time but the same basic manual operation remains the same.

The problem is that ever since about a year or so ago the status of each zone will sometimes bug out and show green even though the zone has in fact received the OFF manual command. On the app, this looks like 1 will toggle yellow as if it’s sending the OFF command to the unit and even though it receives the command and tuns off the status on the app will go back to green instead of no color like the other zones. If I click back on the app it will show that in fact only two zones are active and they are the proper two zones but having the manual control screen not properly display the individual zone status properly is frustrating and was introduced in an update about a year ago.

I realize that not a lot of people manually control their valves so that’s probably why it hasn’t been reported as of yet but I have to imagine I’m not the only one experiencing this bug.

Ray
    Keymaster

Could you check which firmware you are using? You said ‘whenever I go into Manual Control mode from the Android app I’m faced with 8 buttons’ — this seems to suggest that you are using an early version of the firmware. The current firmware does not have ‘Manual Control mode’ any more. Instead, you directly click on a station and set a time manually (or you can start an existing program manually).

ostrichsak
    Participant

v2.0.4

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, 2.0.4 is a quite old version. I recommend you to update to a newer version of firmware. Firmware update instructions are here:
    https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/5000381694-opensprinkler-firmware-update-guide

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Manual Station Status Bug