OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions master on/off adjust

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ramblinwreck
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone have any practical input/suggestions on how to use the master valve on/off adjustment? Is the idea that you don’t touch these (leave them on zero) unless you have a water hammer problem you’re trying to solve, or a pump that needs to start early?

I’ve got a rather ordinary Hunter irrigation system (Pro-C controller), and I’ve no idea if it applies any sort of adjustment at all, and if it does, how much it is. I’ve got a Master Valve and ordinary irrigation zones. Do I need to touch the master on/off adjustment at all? The tinkerer in me thinks it would be ‘safest’ to set Master On Adjust to +1 and Master Off Adjust to -1 to minimize the stress to the pipes to the sprinkler heads, but I really don’t know. Any disadvantage to doing that?

Looking for feedback and/or guidance on best practice here.

Thanks
    Chris

Ray
    Keymaster

The on/off adjust are normally left as zero (the default values). You are right that these parameters can be used to fine tune water pressure / reducing hammering problems. I frankly don’t know what are the rule-of-thumb values. I think (I am not an expert on this topic 🙂 controllers that do not provide this as an option just use zero.

ramblinwreck
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Got the OS controller installed this weekend everything is working well with these options left as zero (default). I won’t mess with success. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions master on/off adjust