OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Measuring a flapping (pump zone) for pump-saver effect?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

stephenmw
    Participant

Is it possible to measure whether voltage is flowing to a certain zone when the zone is ON?

My irrigation pump has a separate low-water cutoff which operates by opening the relay circuit to the pump (when water is low, relay wire is opened and pump shuts off). Is there any way I can measure if power is being sent to the relay in an effort to catch times when it’s flapping on and off because of an issue with water levels?

This would allow me to perform the duty of a separate $300 pump saver which faults the circuit if the pump is turning on and off too many times in a certain duration.

I’m using the newest OSPI model.

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you mean to measure the *current* flowing into a zone? I don’t think you can measure the *voltage* flowing into a zone — voltage is applied on the two wires of a zone.

I don’t quite understand how your pump works. So if the pump is cutoff, does it cut off the current flowing into it?

In any case, RPi does NOT have analog sensing pin (and OSPi no longer has analog-to-digital converter chip either). So as if there is no way for OSPi to sense current. You will need to get an external current sensing module.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Measuring a flapping (pump zone) for pump-saver effect?