OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Minimum watering amount feature.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

sj0h
    Blocked

I’d like to set up watering so that a watering cycle only proceeds when it meets a minimum threshold, with the remainder being held over for the next execution of the program. My intended use case is to water with a consistent amount of water, but instead alter the interval between waterings according to the weather. With a threshold set to say 500%, it would on average only water once every 5 days, but increase the watering frequency it hot weather.

I’m thinking this could be implemented by adding by adding two int16s to ProgramStruct, one to hold the threshold, and another to hold the current percentage that has been held over for this program. Then when an event is scheduled, the new watering duration is added to the current deficit.

With the addition of a rain constant, rainfall could be subtracted off the water deficit, delaying the next watering based on the amount of rainfall.

If I were to implement something like this, is it something that could be included in the main distribution. Are there any particular guidelines on the storage of these parameters and current state?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Minimum watering amount feature.