OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Solved: missing "Adjustment Method Options"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eyal
    Participant

Hi,

I have a “regular” OpenSprinkler with firmware 2.1.6 (1).

I wanted to use the Zimmerman method for adjusting watering times automatically. I obtained a Weather Underground key, and set the Adjustment Method to “Zimmerman”. Then I used the Weather Diagnostics window to see the effect.

Everything seemed to work, except that the Zimmerman formula does not work well for my area (gives far too much weight to humidity). So I headed back to the options screent to adjust the weights of the formula. However there’s no “Adjustment Method Options” to be found.

I verified that it’s not just a UI glitch, by using the API to retrieve all the settings (ja) – there’s no “wto” parameter in the settings. Attempting to set the “wto” parameter always returns result code “1” (success), regardless of the value provided, but the parameter is not actually set (still missing).

I tried to Factory Reset, but results are the same.

Any idea how to get the Adjustment Method Options to show up?

Thanks,

Eyal.

eyal
    Participant

Ok, I figured it out:

I noticed in the release notes for Firmware 2.1.5 that “Adjustment Method Options” requires a microSD card installed. My device is hardware version 2.2 which doesn’t have the microSD pre-installed.

Once I’ve installed a microSD card the options are now presented in the UI and working.

Which brings to some thoughts regarding the Zimmerman method… but I’ll investigate a bit more before I post them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Solved: missing "Adjustment Method Options"